Part-Time Laboratory Animal Technician - Byblos
The School of Arts & Science / Department of Natural Sciences is currently looking for a Laboratory Animal Technician reporting to the department Chair. This position is based on Byblos Campus.
The Laboratory Animal Technician is mainly responsible for breeding, feeding, cleaning and providing care for animals available in the facility. S/He assists faculty and students in their experiments when animals are required.
Additionally, s/he prepares animals’ diets, measures body weight changes and performs different technical procedures on animals.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the administration of the daily activities of the animal facility
- Provides care for animals in the clinical or research setting
- Maintains optimum conditions for animals in the animal room by adding proper amount of food and water, and cleaning the cages and other equipment
- Administers injections and medications, prepares special diets, and laboratory samples
Assists students in handling animals and blood withdrawal during the experiments
Coordinates and provides assistance to faculty to develop new experiments
- Stores and disposes of hazardous wastes using proper safety methods and procedures
- Keeps records of the number of animals used in the lab
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Holder of a Baccalaureate II level diploma, or equivalent technical degree
- Around 1 year of work experience in handling animals, preferably in a lab or veterinary setting
- Good communication skills in English and Arabic
- Comfortable working with animals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with students and faculty
- Good organizational skills
- A responsible attitude and awareness of the ethical issues surrounding the job