Part-Time Medical Education Office Assistant - BeirutThe LAU Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine / Office of Medical Education (OME) is currently looking for a Medical Education Office Assistant. This position is based in Beirut.
The Medical Education Office Assistant is mainly responsible for providing administrative support to the OME Office.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates educational activities (didactic lectures, tutorials, conference scheduling and reservation of rooms etc…) that support the program’s curriculum
- Provides administrative support to faculty and performs various administrative tasks
- Attends to students’ queries on programs, procedures, rules & regulations
- Ensures follow-up on advising program
- Establishes and disseminates annual rotations and call schedules for Med III and IV students
- Attends all program-related meetings, assists with material preparation, and records minutes at specified committees
- Secures administrative and planning logistics for conferences and meetings
- Maintains databases, lists, processes, records, and other documents
- Follow-ups on departmental/school requests, orders, stocks, and office supplies
- Coordinates with other departments/schools on administrative and/or operational matters
- Assists students in non-clinical activities: dorms requirements, parking, etc…
- Tracks Med III and IV students training time and duty hours
- Coordinates the simulation training of Med III and IV students
- Handles logbooks of students
- Coordinates schedule with relevant personnel
- Assists clerkship directors in ensuring clerkship activities and managing teaching and evaluation
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Strong oral and written English / Arabic communication skills
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite, Banner and People 365 is a plus
- Excellent organizational, time management and administrative skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to work under stress and be proactive
- Ability to relate well to a variety of individuals, including faculty, physicians, staff, and students
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, May 25, 2022.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.