Part-Time Outreach & Leadership Coordinator - Beirut
The Outreach and Civic Engagement Office (OCE) is looking for an Outreach & Leadership Coordinator. This position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos Campus.
The Outreach & Leadership Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Community Service Projects (CSPs) at OCE that involve students from both campuses.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Documents Community Service Projects and shares feedback of best practices and lessons learnt with OCE- Grant Management Team
- Attends Community Service Projects when needed
- Assists OCE Part-time staff members to ensure Community Service Projects policies, rules and guidelines are being implemented according to Grant terms
- Encourages students in developing leadership skills through Student Initiatives
- Advises students as they pursue projects directed at addressing and solving public problems
- Oversees leadership programs as designated by OCE management, which may include leadership development workshops, simulation programs, volunteer programs, philanthropic events, training and residential leadership camps.
- Assists in volunteering activities to expand the student leadership culture at LAU.
- Ensures proper administrative functions related to outreach and leadership programs with good organizational skills and in all due diligence
- Performs other relevant tasks and duties as needed
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree is required. Masters is a plus
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar function with strong leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, meet deadlines and yet be part of a team working toward a common goal
- Proven experience to work cooperatively and in a leadership role with students, staff, faculty, and community members
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, with the ability to think strategically, and creatively to solve problems
- Ability to exercise good judgment in different situations
- Capable to take initiative and make difficult decisions when necessary
- Ability to uphold organizational values and maintain confidentiality and impartiality
- Proficiency in Software applications: Microsoft Office, Banner and People365
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, November 30, 2020.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.