Part-Time Social Media and Programs Coordinator - Beirut
This position is no longer open.
The Continuing Education (CE) Division at the Lebanese American University is currently looking for a Social Media and Programs Coordinator. This position is based on Beirut campus.
The Social Media and Programs Coordinator is responsible for enhancing the division’s online presence, increasing LAU CE brand awareness, and eventually assisting in enrolling participants into specific CE courses and programs. This role will also cover selected public courses.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
In terms of social media, he/she is responsible for developing and implementing the division’s social media strategy in order to increase its online presence and improve its marketing and sales efforts, in close coordination with the Marketing and Sales departments. In particular:
- Develops, implements and coordinates the division’s social media strategy
- Defines social media KPIs and continuously enhances them
- Oversees social media content
- Measures the success of every social media campaign
- Stays abreast the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Works with designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Collaborates with Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams
- Monitors SEO and user engagement and suggests content optimization
- Communicates with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
In terms of program coordination, he/she handles select public programs to run in parallel to social media work. In particular:
- Enrolls candidates into specific CE programs by following yearly and monthly targeted marketing plans
- Maintains client relationship during the pre-enrollment, enrollment and post-enrollment phases
- Manages related program marketing announcements during enrolment phase, including marketing information on the CE website & other social media outlets, while ensuring all such information is up to date
- Arranges the required program materials to be distributed to participants
- Sets the program calendar and program orientation session; sets up the class and coordinates with faculty
- Assists in new program development by conducting extensive market and curriculum research
- Performs other tasks as required by the division
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree is a plus
- 2-3 years of proven records in social media marketing and sales, preferably in a Higher Education context
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills in English and Arabic
- Understanding of SEO, web traffic metrics, and social media KPIs
- Excellent analytical, sales, and negotiation skills with the ability to work with diverse teams
- Project management, time management, and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, relations-building and leadership skills a plus
- Confidence, creativity, and problem-solving abilities
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, October 23, 2019.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.