Part-Time Student Life Assistant - BeirutThe Office of the Dean of Students is currently looking for a Student Life Assistant, reporting to the Student Life Project Manager. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Student Life Assistant is primarily responsible for organizing and following up with various student-related projects, events and activities mainly located at, but not limited to, the LAU Beirut campus.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in planning and organizing projects, events, workshops and activities for the LAU student body and surrounding community
- Helps in organizing the Commencement Exercises
- Follow up on events progress, logistics and necessary approvals and formalities
- Oversees regular late evening and weekend activities
- Attracts sponsors for events in coordination with the Development Office
- Assists with planning and logistics of events and club activities
- Works in and outside the office, depending on the project or event
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Around 1 year of experience in project or event organizing
- Effective written and verbal English communication and documentation skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and knowledgeable in Adobe Photoshop
- Commitment to working for students and the university’s wellbeing
- Readiness to work nights and weekends upon need
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, July 22, 2022.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.