Part-Time USP Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
The Outreach and Civic Engagement Office is looking for a USP Monitoring & Evaluation Officer under the USAID University Scholarship Program (USP VII). The position is based on Beirut Campus with occasional commuting to Byblos Campus, and is for a limited duration. It requires physical presence on campus during LAU operating hours.
The USP Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will report to the Program Director and will be handling the program’s daily logistics and needs of the scholars on both campuses.
He/she will work closely with the USP personnel in order to assume all of the position’s responsibilities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Devises a Performance Management Plan (PMP) based on clearly defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) derived from the learning objectives and requirements of USAID granted award
- Monitors academic and co-curricular performance of students and tracks relevant data throughout program duration, to ensure compliance with the rules of the grant
- Collects, tracks and assesses relevant data on a regular basis
- Follows up rigorously on implementing the various facts of the program
- Introduces the scholars to university rules and regulations, student services, codes of conduct and ethics, academic and social aspects of LAU as well as to the special features of the scholarship
- Communicates with Faculty on the progress of the scholars
- Provides solutions and guidance when needed
- Maintains data and files on all scholars
- Actively coordinates technical information
- Coordinates internships and leadership opportunities
- Assigns and supervises LAU student Mentors
- Advises and supervises Ambassador Merit Scholars’ academic and extracurricular progress
- Reports to the Program Director on a regular basis
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a Monitoring and Evaluation position
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Arabic
- Knowledge of the American system of education; Knowledge of other systems is a plus
- Knowledge of Banner is a plus
- Experience in grant management is a plus
- Must be a team player, takes initiative and is proactive
- Advanced computer skills especially in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Desktop Publishing
- Accuracy in researching, collecting, analyzing and presenting data
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.