Personnel Accounts Supervisor - Beirut
The Finance Operations Department is currently looking for a Personnel Accounts Supervisor reporting to the Director of Personnel Accounts. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Personnel Accounts Supervisor is responsible for the accurate and timely processing and payment of payroll, travel expense transactions as well as all journal vouchers within the accounting systems. Additionally, he/she coordinates the Payroll system parameters in terms of elements codes and accounts.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and verifies all transactions related to personnel including payroll as well as the journal vouchers to the general ledger
- Verifies travel expenses, ensures compliance with procedures, and communicates issues with travelers
- Processes payroll transactions and ensures proper and timely payments
- Prepares insurance schedules and reconciles with insurance companies
- Verifies personnel advances, schooling schedules, among other transactions
- Verifies computation of pension plan, US social security and Lebanese income taxes
- Supports in the preparation of US and Lebanon reporting, as well as SRDC control report
- Responds promptly to inquiries from employees and ensures maximum confidentiality of the payroll data
- Prepares quarterly tax reports and the related reconciliations, verifies NSSF Schedules and related reconciliations
- Prepares monthly analysis related to payroll of accounts
- Coordinates and follows up with related departments for delivering payroll data in the set deadlines
- Follows up to ensure outstanding issues are cleared
- Maintains proper and accurate accruals for indemnity and prepares indemnity payments
- Processes actual expenditures through the appropriate modules and prepares control sheets for budget control purposes
- Verifies monthly reconciliations of travel accounts versus general ledger
- Verifies and endorses the analysis of general ledger accounts
- Prepares selected bank reconciliations
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a related accounting capacity
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use ERP systems; knowledge of Oracle HRMS is a plus
- Strong communication skills in English and Arabic
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated accuracy with attention to details
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, September 28, 2022.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.