Procurement Coordinator - BeirutThe Procurement Office is currently looking for a Procurement Coordinator reporting to the Director of Campus Procurement. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Procurement Coordinator is mainly responsible for providing a variety of administrative support to the Procurement Office.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews and archives completed cases in archive digital folders as per the proper naming convention
- Prepares invoices list for proper payment processing and transmission to the Business Office
- Ensures data entry of PR track after PR assigned to buyer, PO track after PO issuance, and Invoice track after receiving invoice
- Maintains records of ad-hoc purchases
- Supports in the tendering process and follows up with the solicited companies regarding the tender’s closing date and time (by telephone calls) before the deadline
- Receives bids and regret letters/emails from the solicited companies, updates records (on the S1 Form such as the date and time on which each bid was received at the Procurement Office), and places the bids in the tender’s file along with any regret letters/emails received
- Administers the internal communication flow of all outgoing and incoming purchase orders, memos, invoices and their supporting documents (e.g. tender documents, bids, price comparison tables, recommendations …) as per the procurement procedure within the University, and updates the relevant log records
- Schedules Tender Committee Meetings and sends invitations (using Outlook Calendar) to the Requesting Office, technical department, Business Office, Internal Audit Office and Buyer
- Notifies the Requesting Office as soon as the corresponding purchase order (PO) is issued to the supplier and attaches a scan of the PO to the email
- Carries out the complete process of Service Agreements as per the university guidelines
- Supports and back-ups other staff members in the office as needed
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- Minimum 2 years of administrative work experience
- Familiarity with Oracle iProcurement is a plus
- Good computer skills in MS Office Suite
- Good communication and negotiation skills in both English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Strong Work Ethic
- Ability to work under pressure
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, June 7, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.