Procurement Specialist - ByblosThe Procurement Office is currently looking for a Procurement Specialist reporting to the Director of Campus Procurement. This position is based on Byblos Campus.
The Procurement Specialist is mainly responsible for assisting the University community by procuring its requested products and services at the best price/quality ratio. He/She is also responsible for maintaining business relationships with suppliers and end users, while ensuring confidentiality, transparency, and fairness related to process, offers, bidders, and winners.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and processes purchase requisitions (PR) as assigned and assists end users in placing PR and in resolving encountered budget errors (if any)
- Verifies the bill of quantities (BOQ) and the received technical specs with the end users and the technical departments
- Checks and compares prices of previous purchases by conducting market analysis and supplier sourcing, and meeting with suppliers
- Submits suppliers’ compliance sheet to the legal counsel for every purchase. Prepares solicitation documents (Request for Quotation, Bid, or Proposal)
- Follows-up on offers and bids submittal and ensures that the bids and proposals are submitted to the proper location in a timely manner
- Attends tender committee meetings
- Analyzes the received bids or offers and contacts the suppliers for further clarifications. Responsible for documentation of meetings, memos and procurement processes, as well as price comparison tables
- Provides end users/technical departments with bidding documents for evaluation and samples if needed
- Issues purchase orders, secures signatures, requests bank guarantees and sends orders to suppliers. Takes part in drafting and coordinating agreements with the Legal Office and with suppliers
- Conducts foreign international procurement, issues POs, coordinates with the Logistics Office concerning clearance, customs, handling, and delivery to campus
- Tracks and monitors undelivered POs. Coordinates with the end users and the Protection Department concerning PO delivery to ensure smooth transaction
- Receives invoices, verifies them against POs and secures end user’s signature. Updates the iProcurement database of POs, & supplier records. Conducts supplier evaluation
- Ensures availability of all supporting documents for audit and review purposes
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of work experience, with 2 being in procurement
- Experience in using an automated procurement system as part of an organization-wide ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Knowledge of the technical specifications of assets, in Oracle iProcurement, 5Index, and Kompass is a plus
- Good computer skills in MS Office Suite
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills in both English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Ability to be highly organized with strong attention to detail along with multi-tasking ability
- Experienced in setting priorities and managing time effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Exemplary work ethic and integrity upholding LAU values
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, June 6, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.