Program Manager, Medical Education
This position is no longer open.
The School of Medicine (SOM) is looking for a Program Manager, Medical Education reporting to the Associate Dean for the Medical Education Office. This position is based on Byblos Campus with occasional commuting to Beirut campus.
The Program Manager, Medical Education serves as a primary point of contact among the department, students and external constituencies to provide a variety of highly responsible and complex administrative duties for the Office of Medical Education. He/She will also assist in the coordination of the operations related to the programs of the school.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops OSCE Exam; full logistical preparation, grading and grade release for Med I and Med II
- Implements PBL full logistical preparation
- Coordinates and manages day-to-day operations of the Pre-clinical programs ensuring that all practices stay in compliance with the school procedures, rules and regulations. Develops articles for website, magazine, periodicals, publications and/or press releases
- Provides guidance to students on program policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Provides administrative support to faculty and staff and performs various administrative tasks
- Coordinates daily operational requests between SOM and affiliated hospitals and performs all the necessary arrangements
- Receives and prioritizes all incoming communications (phone calls, emails..), determines actions required and follows through completion
- Coordinates the Office of Medical Education meetings, records minutes at specified committees/meetings and circulates them. Prepares agenda as required in advance
- Monitors the schools operating needs, maintains the schools supply inventory, prepares food orders, transportation requests and purchasing requests
- Archives program records and maintains a complete filing system that serves confidentiality and ensures completeness of information for students’ files, LAU and accreditation requirements
- Handles accreditation data and generates accreditation and registration reports
- Coordinates the Inter-Professional Education program with the Schools of Nursing and Pharmacy
- Coordinates with the Dean of Students regarding academic advising and activities
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as required
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, business administration, or any related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a related capacity, preferably in a similar industry (i.e. healthcare or an academic institution)
- Good ability to deal with students’ daily requests/problems
- Strong communication skills in English and Arabic
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously along with commitment to deadlines
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, December 15, 2022. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.