Program Officer, Graduate Medical EducationThe School of Medicine is currently looking for a Program Officer, Graduate Medical Education reporting to the Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education. This position is based in the Medical School facility in Achrafieh, with occasional commuting to the Byblos Campus and the LAU Medical Centers.
The Program Officer, Graduate Medical Education is mainly responsible for handling all aspects of the residency and fellowship programs and assisting in ensuring compliance with accreditation requirements. This role involves coordinating recruitment, onboarding, professional development activities, as well as exams.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the planning, organization and execution of all aspects of residency and fellowship programs including, but not limited to, rotations scheduling, clearance for payments, leaves, and exam preparation
- Assists in ensuring compliance with school rules regulations and processes, as well as accreditation standards and maintain up-to-date program documentation
- Assists the Program Directors in updating curriculum content
- Acts as a point of contact for residents’ and fellows’ inquiries in providing them with the support needed throughout their training years
- Maintains accurate records of resident and fellow data, evaluations, and program performance through the MyEvaluation platform.
- Assists in coordinating various meetings (i.e. committee meetings and others), ensuring strict confidentiality
- Participates in the recruitment process and onboarding of new trainees, including application review, interview scheduling, and orientation activities
- Supports in running the MyEvaluation platform including, but not limited to, assessment design, assigning of assessments, generation of reports, follow-up on duty hours, conference attendance and other aspects of the platform as needed
- Helps in providing the logistical support as well as organizing and coordinating educational conferences, seminars, and workshops to enhance the professional development of residents and fellows
- Handles residents and fellows’ electives
- Provides administrative support to Program Directors
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in medical education or a similar role in healthcare or an academic setting
- Knowledge of accreditation processes such as ACGMEi; specialty-specific accreditation standards is preferable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and other applications
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with commitment to deadlines
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, November 29, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.