Security Guard - BeirutThe Protection Office is currently looking for a Security Guard reporting to the Director of Protection. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Security Guard is responsible for maintaining security on Campus during an assigned shift. This encompasses persons, property and public reputation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Checks the identity of individuals entering the Campus, maintains communication with the Protection Office concerning the entry of visitors and suppliers to Campus, and helps visitors in reaching their intended destinations
- Assists in keeping discipline during entrance exams, registration, drop / add periods, commencement and other major activities on Campus, and reports any misbehavior
- Patrols Campus areas, surveys and notes unsafe conditions and/or damage to University property, and takes appropriate action to contain or correct the situation
- Helps in organizing parking lots and controls any violations thereon
- Controls entry and exit of vehicles and merchandise at the Campus gates, and makes sure that appropriate permissions are secured before allowing such entries and exits
- Takes appropriate action to stop individuals behaving in a suspicious or unsafe manner, and informs the Protection Office
- Protects the University from any internal or external assault
- Guards specific sensitive buildings on Campus such as Administration and Residence Hall, while maintaining law and order in these premises
- Assists in evacuations in case of any natural disaster or accident on campus
- Performs other duties pertinent to the position as requested
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Holder of a Baccalaureate II Diploma or its equivalent Technical Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the protection and security field
- Basic knowledge of English and computer skills
- Physically fit with the ability to work under pressure
Interested candidates should email their CV with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, July 13, 2022.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.