Social Media & Public Relations Specialist - ByblosThe Strategic Communications Department has a vacancy for a Social Media & Public Relations Specialist reporting to the Director of Media & Public Relations. This position is based on Byblos campus with occasional commuting to Beirut campus.
The Social Media & Public Relations Specialist is primarily responsible for assisting in building social media strategies for Schools, Institutes, and Departments by helping to identify key target audiences, channel mix, messaging recommendations, and engagement strategies. He/She will help in ensuring all LAU-branded channels are consistent in the application of key strategic and branding requirements.
The Social Media & Public Relations Specialist will also help in expanding LAU’s social media presence by developing and maintaining relationships with its social media communities, managing its channels, and developing content calendars. He/She will assist in managing paid online campaigns by setting up campaigns, online advertising, tracking performance and adjusting campaign as per monitoring results.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates assigned social media platforms; executes social media content calendar, campaigns and day-to-day activities
- Creates, curates, and manages all published content (photos, videos, text, etc.)
- Contributes to the development of the social media plan and strategy; helps update the plans on a regular basis, and reports regularly on the plan results
- Tracks and monitors social media platforms, comments and conversations
- Utilizes analytics to assess performance; provides regular reports on results and improvements
- Stays abreast social media conversations and reports on key developments; provides input on the recommended plan of engagement in a manner consistent with the brand and social media guidelines
- responds regularly to the social media communities based on agreed-upon engagement plan
- Helps to create social media strategies for Schools, Institutes, Departments, and specific initiatives
- Ensures the full implementation of the Social Media Compliance Policy; ensures the full access and understanding of the Social Media Guidelines
- Collaborates with key point persons in the assigned Schools, Institutes, and Departments to identify key communications needs and context
- Collaborates with other units within StratCom (communications, editorial, digital and creative teams) to develop and implement campaigns, and to leverage the digital efforts more effectively
- Conducts archiving of related projects
- Provides weekly and/or monthly reports on social media and PR as assigned
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in communication, communication arts, journalism, graphic design, advertising, marketing, public relations, or any related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience, 6 of which in a similar capacity
- Experience in writing text for social media engagement preferred (English first)
- Experience in creating and sourcing appropriate imagery
- Resourcefulness in creating appropriate content (text, photo, video)
- Knowledge of integrated communications, digital marketing, digital communications, and digital trends
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with basic Photography and Graphic Design
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong commitment to deadlines
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, May 27, 2022.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.