Staff Recruitment AssociateThe Human Resources Department has a vacancy for a Staff Recruitment Associate reporting to the Director of Staff Recruitment. This position is based on Beirut campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Staff Recruitment Associate is responsible for administering activities related to the selection and recruitment of full-time and part-time staff members as per the University’s established recruitment procedure, including conducting preliminary screening meetings, and acting as back-up interviewer in the absence of the Director of Staff Recruitment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Validates recruitment requests received from various entities against staffing budget
- Prepares job postings from corresponding Position Information Questionnaires (PIQs) as requested by Director
- Places job postings on LAU website and other portals as requested
- Sources candidates through professional sites such as LinkedIn
- Reviews CVs received in response to the advertised job postings
- Shortlists candidates for assigned recruitment processes
- Conducts preliminary screening of candidates with requesting entity and completes Interview Assessment Form for each candidate
- Acts as backup to the Director of Staff Recruitment by presiding over the recruitment committee in Director’s absence
- Prepares recruitment reports documenting the phases and details of the entire recruitment process
- Files all documents related to the recruitment process and ensures proper closure of recruitment files for audit purposes
- Prepares recruitment data reports as needed
- Provides supporting documents and information requested by auditors
- Sets up meeting venues and follows up on logistic needs for recruitment meetings
- Responds to departments and Schools on topics related to recruitment and employment procedures
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as required
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree, preferably in HR, Management, or related field of study
- Minimum 6 years of work experience (3 of which specifically in shortlisting CVs and interviewing candidates)
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Maturity and sound judgement
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic
- Ability to uphold organizational values and maintain confidentiality and impartiality
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Monday, February 13, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.