Student Accounts Supervisor - Beirut
The Finance Operations Department is currently looking for a Student Accounts Supervisor reporting to the Associate Comptroller, Financial Accounting. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Student Accounts Supervisor is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of students’ transactions within the accounting systems and updating the data in Banner student information system. Additionally, he/she coordinates the Banner system parameters in terms of detail codes and accounts.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives students’ transactions, ensures they are duly supported, and processes the transactions in the Banner system
- Executes deferred payments requests within the general procedural limits, and discusses payment plans with students and parents
- Verifies special students’ requests and ensures that clearances are communicated promptly; provides estimations for tuition fees upon request
- Prepares and verifies payment refunds to students
- Reviews and approves selected transactions related to his/her team
- Coordinates the changes in the set-up of accounts, Banner master files and the changes in processes
- Updates sponsored students’ files, and verifies payment requests to sponsors
- Coordinates with Registrar, Admissions and Financial Aid departments on pending matters
- Performs monthly reconciliations of accounts, and prepares relevant reports
- Performs other duties pertinent to this role
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 8 years of experience (4 of which in a related capacity, 2 in a supervisory role, and 2 in the education sector)
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and relevant University Policies & Procedures
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to handle confidential information in a responsible manner
- Maturity and ability to deal with students and parents in a professional manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use ERP systems; advanced knowledge of Banner is a plus
- Advanced communication skills in English and Arabic
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, October 17, 2019.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.