Sustainability CoordinatorThe Office of Sustainability is currently looking for a Sustainability Coordinator reporting to the Chief Sustainability Officer. This position is based on Beirut campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Sustainability Coordinator is mainly responsible for coordinating and implementing sustainability programs and initiatives across the university. S/he will focus on grant writing, project implementation and smooth office operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts thorough research to assist in the identification and evaluation of opportunities for business growth and research development in the field of sustainability
- Develops grant proposals, ensuring alignment with university sustainability goals
- Manages the grant application process, including submission, tracking, and reporting
- Develops and uses project management tools to track progress of projects and activities
- Monitors project timelines, budgets, and milestones to ensure successful and timely completion
- Prepares regular technical reports for university stakeholders
- Develops and conducts surveys
- Conducts evaluations to assess the impact of sustainability/environmental programs by developing and using index-based assessments methods
- Handles day-to-day office matters, including scheduling, communications, and administrative tasks
- Serves as point of contact for inquiries from the campus community and external partners
- Maintains accurate records and documentation related to sustainability projects and initiatives
- Coordinates with campus and hospital departments, student organizations, and community partners to implement prevention campaigns, awareness programs, and sustainability initiatives
- Organizes, coordinates and participates in the office’s activities such as seminars, events, retreats, short courses, focus groups, to engage the University community (faculty, staff, students, alumni, etc.)
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, sustainability, or a related field. Masters is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of environment science-related experience within an academic setting
- Proven track in conducting research, carrying out research development and grant proposal writing
- A good understanding of the UN’s SDGs, worked on two or three of these SDGs whether in research or implementation
- Knowledge of, and experience in stakeholder mapping and analysis
- Practical experience and knowledge of geographic information systems and their various applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic, French is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Familiarity with sustainability best practices and principles
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday, February 15, 2024.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.