Utilities Electrical Technician - BeirutThe Physical Plant office - Operations and Maintenance is currently looking for a Utilities Electrical Technician reporting to the Utilities Electrical Team Leader. This position is based on Beirut Campus.
The Utilities Electrical Technician is primarily responsible for operating, maintaining and installing power generation machines, equipment and systems including all needed preventive maintenance.
He/she is also responsible for overseeing outsourced power generation works and repairing university equipment and assets.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Installs, tests, maintains, troubleshoots, and performs the daily inspection and the preventive maintenance programs for power generation systems (medium voltage and below) and related equipment such generators, alternators, switchgear, transformers, voltage regulators, motors and control panels
- Operates and troubleshoots load management systems, panels and software (SCADA, BMS)
- Supervises the outsourced installation and maintenance of power plant systems
- Troubleshoots and performs detailed fault analysis; evaluates failures and implements methods and procedures to prevent reoccurrence
- Checks and replaces oil, oil filters, air filters and other generator consumables, parts and accessories
- Communicates power plant job needs and requirements with LAU staff and contractors
- Fill out related reports and checks filled reports
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned such as but not limited to overnight shifts, holidays, and weekend duties
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BT3 degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of power generation
- Customer service oriented
- Operational knowledge of SCADA and BMS
- Good level of English communication, computer literacy is a plus; AutoCAD knowledge is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Physically fit to perform above duties
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, November 21, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.