This position is no longer open.The Strategic Communications Department at the Lebanese American University is looking for a Webmaster reporting to the Digital Communications Manager. This position is based on Beirut campus with occasional commuting to Byblos campus.
The Webmaster is mainly responsible for the continuation and improvement of LAU websites. He/She will also handle provision of website (and related) services to the LAU community, and initiate Fallback for critical services in the absence of the Digital Communications Manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Produces new websites and updates, migrates, and/or redesigns content for existing websites
- Trains website editors/coordinators and writes documentation
- Receives and assigns support/maintenance requests
- Supervises the web developers’ work, carefully reviewing their code for quality, efficiency, performance, accessibility, and other standards
- Operates Google Analytics, Search, Webmaster Tools, Issue, hosting settings, etc. (has full access)
- Coordinates with IMCs to identify requirements, timelines, milestones, and scope of work for web projects
- Monitors hosting setting, checks error logs, analyzes website performance, and provides recommendations as needed
- Carries out Portal–website integrations and archives projects
- Initiates and follows up on contracts of freelancers (writers, designers, developers) who are hired for website creation or redesign projects
- Researches and recommends new software or online solutions as needs arise
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or any related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience, 5 out of which are in a similar capacity
- Experience in website building technologies and languages, W3C standards, WAI-ARIA, Programming and MySQL, etc.
- Experience in Digital media manipulation and optimization
- Resourcefulness in User experience design, content strategy, Server configuration, hosting, Remote connections, security, and SSL
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to explain technical topics in layman’s terms
- Keen on sharing information and resources
- Positive attitude and a solutions-focused orientation
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday, February 17, 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.