Health Services Office
COVID-19 Update: We have introduced various measures to optimize safety measures for the entire LAU community, through:
- Enforcing wearing a facemask while on campus, maintaining physical distancing, and reminding everyone to frequently wash their hands.
- Scheduling telehealth appointments for cases that do not require care in-person.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting the healthcare facility, including the waiting area, examination room, and the equipment used following every visit.
- Providing recommendations to minimize the risk of virus transmission on campus and performing contact tracing for confirmed COVID-19 cases.The Health Services office at LAU provides primary health care to students and serves as an information resource for the campus community through its organization of several health-related campaigns each year.
LAU’s Health Services Offices are your one-stop shop for health advice, personal wellbeing, medical consultations and resources for the health and wellness topics you care about the most.
What Health Services Will I Have Access to?
- Acute illness evaluation and treatment
- Emergency assistance and first aid
- General medical/nursing care
- Medications supply of over-the-counter drugs for emergency relief
- Blood pressure checks
- Blood sugar level assessment
- Eating disorders and nutritional consultation
- Health counseling and education
- Health promotion programs and information
- Referrals to community healthcare providers or specialists
- Verification of absences to professors and release of a signed notification of extended absence due to medical reasons.
- Vaccination and follow up on immunization requirements
- Clinical clearance for health professional majors
- Follow up on Immunization policy for the students residing in the dorms and members of the varsity teams
Do I Have to Pay a Fee to Benefit from Health Services?
All students at LAU are medically insured for emergencies and hospitalization. Insurance fees are paid once a year along with tuition fees. You are exempted from some of these fees if you have medical insurance outside the LAU insurance plan.
What About Confidentiality?
All consultations and medical records are dealt with strict confidentiality: student medical records will never be discussed or released to anyone without the student’s consent; medical and academic records are not connected in any way.