Dean, Adnan Kassar School of Business
The Lebanese American University (www.lau.edu.lb) invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the Adnan Kassar School of Business (AKSOB). The Lebanese American University is a leading higher education institution in the Middle East operating on two campuses, Beirut and Byblos, and enrolling more than 8000 students. The University is chartered by the Regents of the State University of New York, and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). The School of Business is one of the oldest and most reputable of the region, enrolls over 3000 students on both campuses and offers undergraduate, graduate and professional programs.
The Dean of Business AKSOB will be the chief academic officer of the School, and will be responsible for all matters relating to academic leadership and administration including overseeing of academic programs, faculty, staff and students on both the Beirut and Byblos campuses. The Dean will set standards of intellectual engagement and accomplishment for the School and will provide strategic vision and operational leadership to all aspects of the academic and professional programs, creating an environment that supports the School’s faculty and its students.
The candidate must be able to build on LAU’s fine record in business education, and lead the School which has recently gained AACSB accreditation towards further recognition as a world-class provider of quality business education in the MENA region… The Dean should have a commitment to liberal arts education, a compelling, strategic vision and long-term goals for the School, in addition to proven implementation skills.
The Dean reports to the Provost and serves as a voting member on the Council of Deans, and Ex-Officio member on other University councils.
Candidates are expected to have:
- an earned doctorate degree from a reputable university in one of the disciplines of the School
- a distinguished research and academic record
- a proven record of administrative leadership
- experience in strategic planning and accreditation
- a proven record of managerial and budgetary know-how.
- a proven record of academic program development
- a proven record in recruiting and retaining a diverse population of faculty, students and staff
- an administrative style that demonstrates commitment to shared governance
- a strategic, innovative and forward thinking leadership style
- an innovative approach to teaching and learning assessment and familiarity with information technology innovations for higher education
- a track record of successful collaboration with the business community
- a record reflecting high personal integrity and ethical standards
The following additional qualifications are desirable:
- a track record of successful fundraising and grant generation
- experience in academic or professional practice in Lebanon or the Middle East
Applications should include:
- a letter outlining the applicant’s background, qualifications and vision for this position
- a curriculum vitae
- names of five referees with contact details
Review of applications will continue until January 20, 2017.
Please send documents in electronic form to the Search Committee for Dean of the AKSOB at firstname.lastname@example.org.