This position is no longer open.
Full-Time Faculty Instructor, Academic English Courses
School of Arts and Sciences
Vacancy date: Fall 2018
Expected Start Date: Spring/Fall 2019
Deadline for Applying: December 15, 2018
The Department of English in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to a full-time faculty position at the instructor rank. The department is interested in applicants with expertise in English Language and who can contribute to department and school initiatives.
- Advise and mentor students
- Teach a variety of academic writing courses
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession
- An Earned M.A. in English Language, Literature, Rhetoric and Composition, TEFL/TESL or Academic Writing from a recognized institution
- A Minimum of 3 years of university teaching experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Computer Assisted Language Learning
- Ability to contribute in assessment practicesand course development
The Department of English consists of 32 full-time faculty and a number of part-time faculty. Faculty in the Department of English are dedicated to excellence in teaching and are engaged in research and service. The University is recognized for excellence in teaching and commitment to research/creative work and serving the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Standard Application Requirements
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of intent including a statement of teaching interests and an updated CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of three references. Candidates must refer to position no. AS-19-2, in the subject line of the email.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.