This position is no longer open.
The Lebanese American University (www.lau.edu.lb) invites applications and nominations for the position of Continuing Education Program Director (CEP). The Lebanese American University is a leading higher education institution in the Middle East operating on two campuses, Beirut and Byblos, and enrolling more than 8000 students. The University is chartered by the Regents of the State University of New York, and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). The Office of Continuing Education reflects LAU’s commitment to adult education and working closely with communities of practice in pursuit of better professional standards.
The CEP Director will have the following functions:
- Managing the CEP as a strategic LAU resource with a view to constantly raising its profile, enhancing its competitiveness, and expanding its market share;
- Running CEP internal operations efficiently, effectively and subject to the highest norms of professionalism;
- Ensuring at all times: strict and total compliance with applicable LAU policies, procedures, decisions, and practices;
- Supervising all CEP programs and safeguarding their academic and professional integrity in every way;
- Hiring, supervising and evaluating instructors based on a framework cleared by the Steering Committee
- Keeping a close watch on CEP satellite programs off-campus and ensuring their success and continued expansion;
- Conducting strategic market intelligence and staying abreast of major developments in all relevant sectors bearing on new opportunities, available prospects, and emerging initiatives;
- Proactively relating to all sectors of society and the economy, and maintaining excellent links with industry leaders over the widest possible spectrum in the country;
- Coordinating very closely with School Deans, Department Chairs, AVPs and their units etc. in a spirit of collegiality and cooperation;
- Working on developing new CEP programs, and upgrading existing ones based on credible assessment, customer feedback, international benchmarking, and other reliable information;
- Practicing advanced CRM, cultivating and effecting partnerships, and expanding CEP professional networks within the overall strategy of LAU;
- Working towards expanding the CEP footprint beyond Lebanon through carefully planned, academically/professionally sound and economically viable off-country programs;
- Other related duties as mandated by the Provost to whom the CEP Director reports.
Candidates are expected to have:
- a Master’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a related discipline, or a Doctorate degree with experience. Other relevant qualifications will also be considered if warranted.
- a proven record of administrative leadership
- a successful experience in strategic planning and implementation
- a proven record of managerial and budgetary expertise
- a record of academic program development
- a record in recruiting and retaining a diverse population of faculty, students and staff
- a management style that demonstrates commitment to shared governance
- a strategic, innovative and forward thinking leadership record
- a track record of sustainable collaboration with the business community
- a record reflecting high personal integrity and ethical standards
The following additional qualifications are desirable:
- experience in academic or professional practice in Lebanon or the Middle East
Applications should include:
- a letter outlining the applicant’s background, qualifications and vision for this position
- a curriculum vitae
- names of three referees with contact details
Review of applications will continue until September 30, 2017.
Please send documents in electronic form to the Search Committee for CEP director at email@example.com listing the position number CEP-17-1 in the subject line.