Full Time Position - Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing
Full Time Faculty
Expected start date: Fall 2023
Deadline for applying: Review of applications will begin on November, 2022 and continue until the position has been filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notiﬁed.
The Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to a tenure-track faculty position at the Professorial rank (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor). The School is interested in applicants who can contribute to teaching, curriculum review, School activities, produce quality research and contribute to the outreach community services. S/he supports the program to meet its mission and philosophy and attain its objectives.
- Teach didactic or clinical courses based on program needs
- Develop research and publish scholarly work
- Advise and mentor nursing students
- Serve the university and the School, especially in relation to the needs for program evaluation and program accreditation.
- Precept nursing students at LAUMC-RH, Saint John or other and health care centers
- Contribute to the Interprofessional Education (IPE) program at the school and university.
- A Ph.D. or comparable terminal degree in nursing or healthcare.
- Solid clinical and theoretical training.
- Evidence of effective instruction and training at the university level.
- Proven academic achievement, research, and professional assistance
- High standards of morality and character
- Teamwork and cooperation skills
- Leadership, critical thinking, decision-making, problem-solving, and communication abilities
The Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing is one of the premier university in the region that prepares healthcare professionals for careers demarcated by excellence in teaching, practice, research, community service, and lifelong professional development. Our core values include teaching, community engagement and research. Quality has been a hallmark of the Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing’s development and the acquired accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) is a testament to this fact. We adopted a curriculum that supports evidence based practice through interprofessional education that is strongly committed to improve the health of the people of Lebanon and the region. With the talented faculty and staff, our program is well-positioned to provide our students with the essential skills and hands-on training that they need to become competitive nurses in the field of healthcare.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching and research interests and an updated CV by email to Mrs. Nagham El Moujabber (firstname.lastname@example.org). The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position: Nursing Faculty position in the subject line of the email.