Full-Time Assistant Professor, English for Academic Purpose (EAP)
School of Arts and Sciences
Vacancy date: Fall 2018
Expected Start Date: Fall 2019
Deadline for Applying: March 25, 2019
The Department of English at the Lebanese American University, invites applications to a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the area of English for Academic Purposes (EAP). The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, academic advising and institutional service.
- Teach courses within the EAP sequence
- Coordinate multi-section courses in the EAP sequence
- Contribute to the development of the EAP sequence
- Conduct research
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities
- An earned Ph.D. in EAP, Applied Linguistics, Rhetoric and Composition, English Language or TEFL/TESL from an internationally recognized university.
- Evidence of successful university teaching
- Evidence of scholarship and research
- Evidence of an established research agenda
The Department of English consists of 32 full-time faculty and a number of part-time faculty. Faculty in the Department of English are dedicated to excellence in teaching and are engaged in research and service. The University is recognized for excellence in teaching and commitment to research and student-centeredness.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of intent and an updated CV. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of three references. Applications should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must refer to position no. AS-19-3.