Full Time Assistant Professor, English Creative Writing
School of Arts and Sciences
Expected start date: Fall 2020
Deadline for applying: January 31, 2020
The Department of English in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor rank. The department is interested in applicants with expertise in English Creative Writing and who can contribute to program, department and school initiatives.
- Teach creative writing and literature courses based on program needs.
- Actively engage in research
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession.
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- Earned Ph.D. in Creative Writing from a recognized University.
- Evidence of scholarship and research productivity.
- Evidence of successful university teaching (a minimum of 3 years)
- Demonstration of effective teaching methods and delivery.
- Ability to teach Academic English Language courses.
The Department of English consists of 32 full-time faculty and a number of part-time faculty. The Department of is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research, and is committed to student-centerdness and to serving the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Standard Application Requirements
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching and research interests, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Candidates must refer to position no. AS-20-10 in the subject line of the email.