Assistant/Associate Professor, Education
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Social and Education Sciences
Expected Start Date: Fall 2022
Deadline for Applying: December 8, 2021
The Department of Social and Education Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in Education with an emphasis in Education Leadership and Policy Studies. The Department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, and academic advising as well as institutional and community service.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Education
- Supervise senior study and MA thesis students
- Supervise practicum experiences
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the department, the university, and the profession
- Contribute to the development of the program and seek external grants
- Contribute to the department’s goals of research and publication
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A PhD/ Ed.D. in Education from a well-recognized university
- Specialization in Education Leadership and Policy Studies
- Evidence of excellent research and publication record
- Evidence of successful teaching experience
- Evidence of success in securing external funding for research
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching, research interests, as well as professional and creative projects, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: email@example.com . The CV should include the names, e-mails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no. AS-22-6, in the subject line of the email