Assistant/Associate Professor, Education
This position is no longer open.
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Social and Education Sciences
Expected Start Date: Fall 2023
Deadline for Applying: December 15, 2022
The Department of Social and Education Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in Education. The Department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, and academic advising as well as institutional and community service.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in education
- Supervise senior study and MA thesis students
- Supervise practicum experiences
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the programs, department, the university, and the profession
- Contribute to the development of the program and seek external grants
- Contribute to the department’s goals of research and publication
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A PhD/ Ed.D. in Education from a well-recognized university.
- Specialization in educational leadership, educational policy studies or similar relevant field.
- Evidence of strong research and publication record within the area of expertise
- Evidence of successful teaching experience
· Evidence of mentoring of graduate students.
- Evidence of success in securing external funding for research
· Record of school level leadership
· Involvement in educational leadership networks or associations
- Capacity to direct and coordinate field experiences in consultation with school leaders.
- In-school teaching experience is a plus.
The Department of Social and Education Sciences is an interdisciplinary department with faculty committed to high-quality undergraduate and graduate instruction across the social sciences. Our department offers four undergraduate programs in political science, political science/international affairs, psychology, and education; 4 graduate programs in International Affairs, Interdisciplinary Gender Studies, Education and Migration studies; and five minors in conflict analysis and resolution, legal studies, political science/international affairs, psychology, and sociology. We offer as well 2 diplomas: Teaching Diploma and Diploma in Learning Disability and Giftedness.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching, research interests, as well as professional and creative projects, and an updated CV by email to: email@example.com . The CV should include the names, e-mails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.Candidates must refer to position no. AS-24-1, in the subject line of the email