Assistant or Associate Professor in Biomedical Sciences
Department: Pharmaceutical Sciences
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the Lebanese American University (LAU) School of Pharmacy invites applicants for a full-time faculty position in Biomedical Sciences at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated faculty member who is committed to teaching, research and service. Rank of appointment is commensurate with credentials and experience.
- Teach didactic and laboratory courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the field of medical microbiology, biotechnology, and medical biochemistry.
- Conduct scientific research that leads to publications in reputable refereed journals.
- Collaborate with faculty and students in the school on research undertakings of common interest and help build research teams.
- Support the school’s initiative in developing policies and procedures, facilities, and compliance readiness for acquiring Good Laboratory Practice recognition.
- Engage in active service to advance the mission and goals of the department and school.
- Doctoral degree with comprehensive knowledge in microbiology, molecular biology, and biochemistry, with an emphasis on diseases.
- Previous teaching experience in the field.
- Has a postdoctoral training or equivalent research experience.
- Has documented independent quality research productivity and scholarly output.
- Has successful experience in grant writing and research funding applications.
- Is enthusiastic and committed to mentor graduate students.
- Has strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, collegiality and cooperative abilities.
- Has a mastery of spoken and written English, with professional attitude and effective communication.
The School of Pharmacy
LAU is an equal opportunity employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb. The School of Pharmacy offers an undergraduate program leading to the B.S. in Pharmacy degree, a graduate professional program leading to the PharmD degree that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), an MS in Pharmaceutical Development and Management, and a postgraduate year 1 Residency program. Information about the School can be found at https://pharmacy.lau.edu.lb/.
The school has partnerships and affiliations with diverse practice sites, pharmaceutical industries and institutions of higher education. The school is committed to achieving and sustaining the highest quality of pharmacy education and research in the region. It has a culturally diverse student and faculty groups who are devoted to a progressive academic environment, the development of the individual, and service to the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. LAU is a leading higher education institution in the Middle East operating on two campuses, Beirut and Byblos in Lebanon, and enrolls around 8,500 students. LAU is chartered by the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education, Inc. (NECHE).Information about LAU can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb
Standard Application Requirements
Interested candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching philosophy, research interests and future career goals; updated CV; names and contact details of three professional references, including one as immediate supervisor; copies of earned degrees, certificates and higher education transcripts to: email@example.com. Candidates must refer to position no. PHA-23-2 in the subject line of the email.
The school reserves the right to contact additional references. All questions regarding the application should be directed to the school Dean’s Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The position is open until filled.