Assistant or Associate Professor, Pharmaceutics
This position is no longer open.
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the School of Pharmacy at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Pharmaceutics at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated faculty member who is committed to teaching, research and service. Rank of appointment is commensurate with credentials and experience.
- Teach didactic and laboratory courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the field
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology is a plus
- Conduct scientific research that leads to publications in reputable refereed journals
- Collaborate with faculty and students in the school on research undertakings of common interest and help build research teams
- Support the school’s initiative in developing policies and procedures, facilities, and compliance readiness for acquiring Good Laboratory Practice recognition
- Engage in active service to advance the mission and goals of the department and school
- Earned a PhD in the field of pharmaceutics from a recognized university
- Has a post-doctorate training or equivalent research experience
- Has didactic and laboratory teaching experiences in the field
- Has documented independent quality research productivity and scholarly output
- Has successful experience in grant writing and research funding applications
- Is enthusiastic and committed to mentor graduate students
- Has strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, collegiality and cooperative abilities
- Has strong command of English verbally and in writing
The LAU School of Pharmacy is located in LAU’s state-of-the-art Chagoury Health Science Center in Byblos, Lebanon. It enrolls around 460 students in its pre-pharmacy and pharmacy programs. It has a five-year B.S. in pharmacy program, a six-year Pharm.D. program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), an M.S. graduate program in pharmaceutical development and management, and a postgraduate year 1 residency program. The school has partnerships and affiliations with diverse practice sites, pharmaceutical industries and institutions of higher education. The school is committed to achieving and sustaining the highest quality of pharmacy education and research in the region. It has a culturally diverse student and faculty groups who are devoted to a progressive academic environment, the development of the individual, and service to the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. LAU is a leading higher education institution in the Middle East operating on two campuses, Beirut and Byblos in Lebanon, and enrolls around 8,500 students. LAU is chartered by the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education, Inc. (NECHE).Information about LAU can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Standard Application Requirements
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending: a letter of interest including a statement of teaching philosophy, research interests and future career goals; updated CV; names and contact details of three professional references, including one as immediate supervisor; copies of earned degrees, certificates and higher education transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must refer to position no. PHA-22-1 in the subject line of the email.
The school reserves the right to contact additional references. All questions regarding the application should be directed to: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The position is open until filled.