Assistant Professor, Cell and Molecular Biology - Byblos campus
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Natural Sciences
Expected start date: Fall 2023
Deadline for applying: December 1, 2022
The Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the field of Cell Biology and Molecular Biology. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to teaching, research, program development, academic advising and institutional and community service. Prospective candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in Cell and Molecular Biology or related field. The successful candidate should have a proven publication track record in top tier journals, ability to attract grant funding, and effective teaching experience. Previous teaching experience in cell biology, introductory biology, anatomy and physiology is highly recommended.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in cell biology
- Advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students
- Oversee senior year projects
- Engage in scholarly work and research
- Be actively involved in supporting and developing the program’s main research tracks (Cancer Biology, Molecular Genomics)
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A Ph.D. from a recognized institution
- Two years of postdoctoral experience
- Evidence of scholarship, and research productivity
- Evidence of successful university teaching
The Department of Natural Sciences is one of the five departments of the School of Arts and Sciences at LAU. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, a B.S. in Nutrition, a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics Coordinated Program (CP), and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Biological Sciences with additional programs upcoming in the near future.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest and an updated CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should include the names, emails, and phone numbers of three references. The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no. AS-24-4, in the subject line of the email.