Assistant Professor, Physics - Byblos campus
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Natural Sciences
Expected start date: Fall 2023
Deadline for applying: February 1, 2023
The Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the field of Physics. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, advising, and institutional service. We are looking for an innovative and inclusive new faculty member with an outstanding publication record and a strong commitment to excellence and diversity in research, teaching, outreach, and undergraduate student research supervision.
- Teach a variety of undergraduate physics courses in both the Beirut and Byblos campuses.
- Coordinate courses across campuses and sections to maintain consistency when it comes to content, grading, and exam levels.
- Advise and mentor physics students and help them connect with academic, research, and industry opportunities.
- Establish a successful research program in physics, leading to external funding and publications in high-impact journals.
- Supervise undergraduate senior and capstone research projects.
- Contribute to program assessment and accreditation efforts.
- Participate in departmental, school, and university councils and committees.
- Participate in students’ recruitment activities.
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in Physics or closely related fields.
- A strong record of publications in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Evidence of successful teaching at the university level.
The Department of Natural Sciences is one of the five departments of the School of Arts and Sciences at LAU. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, a B.S. in Nutrition, a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics Coordinated Program (CP), and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Biological Sciences with additional programs upcoming in the near future.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest and an updated CV by email to: email@example.com. The CV should include the names, emails, and phone numbers of three references. The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no. AS-24-9, in the subject line of the email.