Assistant Professor, Science Education
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Social and Education Sciences
Expected start date: Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
Deadline for applying: April 30, 2023
The Department of Social and Education Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor rank. The department is interested in highly qualified and motivated applicants, with expertise in Science Education, and who are committed to innovative teaching, research, and program development. Applicants should have a proven research track record.
- Teach Science Education and general education courses based on program needs
- Actively engage in research
- Supervise MA theses and projects; and senior study projects
- Supervise student-teachers on school sites
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the program, the department, the university, the profession, and the community
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- Assistant Professor at the current recognized institution.
- Earned Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Education-emphasis Science Education from a recognized University.
- Evidence of scholarship and research productivity.
- Evidence of relevant successful university teaching.
- Ability to develop grant proposals
- Experience in program accreditation
- Evidence of K-12 teaching experience
The Department of Social and Education Sciences is an interdisciplinary department with faculty committed to high-quality undergraduate and graduate instruction across the social sciences. Our department offers four undergraduate programs in political science, political science/international affairs, psychology, and education; 4 graduate programs in International Affairs, Interdisciplinary Gender Studies, Education and Migration studies; and five minors in conflict analysis and resolution, legal studies, political science/international affairs, psychology, and sociology. We offer as well 2 diplomas: Teaching Diploma and Diploma in Learning Disability and Giftedness.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching, research interests, as well as professional and creative projects, and an updated CV by email to: email@example.com . The CV should include the names, e-mails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no. AS: 24-12, in the subject line of the email.