Assistant/Associate Professor, Computational Chemistry, Tenure Track
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Natural Sciences
Expected start date: Fall 2024
Deadline for applying: Open until filled.
The Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in the field of Computational Chemistry. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to teaching, research, program development, academic advising and institutional and community service. Prospective candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in Theoretical/Computational Chemistry or related field with research experience. The successful candidate should have a proven publication track record in top tier journals, ability to attract grant funding, and effective teaching experience.
- Teach undergraduate courses in Computational Chemistry, introductory chemistry, and advanced theory courses
- Mentor undergraduate students and oversee senior study projects
- Actively engage in scholarly work, research and pursue external funding opportunities
- Contribute to the advancement of the BS in Chemistry and development of upcoming MS degree
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, or related field from a recognized institution
- Two years of postdoctoral and/or industrial experience or equivalent
- Evidence of scholarship, research productivity and grant-writing
- Evidence of successful university teaching
The Department of Natural Sciences is one of the five departments of the School of Arts and Sciences at LAU. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics, a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics Coordinated Program (CP), and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Biological Sciences with additional programs upcoming in the near future.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest and an updated CV by email to: email@example.com. The CV should include the names, emails, and phone numbers of two references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no. AS-25-1, in the subject line of the email.