Part-time faculty position in Computer Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Discipline: Computer Engineering
Vacancy Date: Fall 2022
The Electrical and Computer Engineering department at the Lebanese American University (LAU) is accepting applications for a part-time faculty position (Byblos campus) for the “COE Application” course, which revolves mainly around full-stack web development. The main duties of the instructor would be to teach the students enrolled in the course the basics of web applications’ development, in the context of a project-based course that touches on both the frontend and backend sides of such applications. Upon completion of the course, students are expected to have the knowledge/skills required to implement and deploy a full-fledged web application, and a rich portfolio of projects spanning both the frontend as well as the backend aspects of these types of applications.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering or a related technical field.
- Industrial experience in full-stack web development.
- Experience with at least one of the following general-purpose programming languages: Java, Python, C#, or Go.
- Experience with a client-side web framework, such as Angular, React, etc.
- Experience with a server-side web framework, such as Django, Spring Boot, Flask, etc.
To apply, please send the following documents via email to Ms. Gretta Kabalan (email@example.com) no later than June 30, 2022:
- Cover letter
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
Use the following subject in the email: “COE Part-Time Fall 2022 Application”.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found on this website (http://www.lau.edu.lb).