Part Time Tutor, Writing Center
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Liberal Education
Campus: Beirut or Byblos
Expected Start Date: Fall 2022
Deadline for Applying: May 6, 2022
The Department of Liberal Education in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to apply for a Part-Time tutoring position at the Writing Center.
The Writing Center at the Liberal Education department is seeking part-time tutors who are M.A. holders in the field of English language or a related field. Candidates must have writing center experience and are expected to attend training sessions before joining the center. The workload consists of a multiple of 6 hours of one-on-one or group tutoring in the Writing Center, equivalent to a 3-credit course load. Tutors are also expected to participate in planning and conducting workshops requested by any of the departments in the University at large.
- Providing one-on-one or group tutoring in the Writing Center for undergraduate, graduate, faculty and staff
- Conducting workshops
- Mentoring and following up with peer tutors
- An M.A. in English language or a related field from a recognized university
- A minimum of 2 years experience in tutoring at a writing center.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb
- Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending their updated CV (including two references) and a letter of interest in the position and potential creative contribution to this course. Candidates should also complete an application form available at http://www.lau.edu.lb/employment/docs/standard-application-due-diligence-PT.pdf
- Submit your application via e-mail to email@example.com
- Address your email to the attention of Dr Rony Khnayzer, Chairperson of the department of Liberal Education
- All applications will be acknowledged by the Department of Liberal Education.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview and may be requested to deliver a short presentation to a panel.
Candidates must refer to the position as “PT Tutor, Writing Center”, in the subject line of the email.