Clinical Assistant Professor (Non-Tenure Track)
The Department of Pharmacy Practice in the School of Pharmacy at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants for a full-time non-tenure track clinical faculty position at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor. The primary emphasis of this position is to provide interprofessional collaborative patient-centered care and clincial education to pharmacy students and residents at the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital (LAUMC-RH). Also expected are didactic teaching, service and research. The position is fully funded by the LAU School of Pharmacy.
- Establish a clinical pharmacy service and provide interprofessional practice at LAUMC-RH
- Precept pharmacy students and residents at LAUMC-RH
- Deliver didactic teaching in area(s) of specialty and curriculum needs
- Contribute to simulation activities including Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs)
- Contribute to the interprofessional education (IPE) program
- Provide service to the department, university and hospital
- Develop clinical research and publish scholarly work
- Attend to accreditation requirements
- Perform other duties as requested
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from a recognized university
- PGY1 residency from an ASHP-accredited program
- PGY2 specialty residency from an ASHP-accredited program
- Clinical practice experience (post-PGY2 residency) in U.S.-based hospitals/health-systems
- Didactic and/or experiential education experience in U.S. academic pharmacy institutions/hospitals
- Documented active service to the department, institution and profession
- Strong desire to contribute to day-to-day patient care and the advancement of pharmacy practice
- Enthusiasm to precept pharmacy students and residents and serve as a role model practitioner
- Presented/published scholarly work
- Board certification by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Collegiality, flexibility and cooperative abilities
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
- License or eligibility to be licensed as a pharmacist in Lebanon
The LAU School of Pharmacy is located in LAU’s state-of-the-art Chagoury Health Science Center in Byblos, Lebanon. It enrolls around 450 students in its pre-pharmacy and pharmacy programs. It has a five-year BS in pharmacy program, a six-year PharmD program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), an MS graduate program in pharmaceutical development and management, and a PGY1 residency program. The school has partnerships and affiliations with diverse practice sites in Lebanon and the United States, has 19 FTEs of faculty, several part-time faculty, and around 200 preceptors who support its wide-ranging experiential education program. The school is committed to achieving and sustaining the highest quality of pharmacy education and research in the region. It has a culturally diverse student and faculty groups who are devoted to a progressive academic environment, the development of the individual, and service to the community. Information about the School of Pharmacy can be found at http://pharmacy.lau.edu.lb/.
LAU is a leading higher education institution in the Middle East operating on two campuses, Beirut and Byblos in Lebanon. LAU is chartered by the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Information about LAU can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb. The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital
LAUMC-RH is the primary teaching hospital for LAU’s schools of Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy. It currently has around 170 beds with an ongoing expansion plan of patient care services. Information about LAUMC-RH can be found at https://www.laumcrh.com/.
Standard Application Requirements
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending: a letter of interest; statements of: teaching philosophy, clinical practice, and research interests and future career goals; updated CV; names and contact details of three professional references, including one as immediate supervisor; copies of the PharmD degree, residency certificates, and pharmacy education transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must refer to position no. PHA-20-3.
The school reserves the right to contact additional references. All questions regarding the application should be directed to the school Dean’s Office: email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Until the position is filled.