Full-Time Faculty Position in Physics
Department of Natural Sciences
Title: Assistant Professor
Campus: Beirut and Byblos
Expected start date: Fall 2022
Deadline for applying: Jan 31, 2022
The Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the field of Physics. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, advising, and institutional service. We are looking for an innovative and inclusive new faculty member with an outstanding publication record and a strong commitment to excellence and diversity in research, teaching, outreach, and undergraduate student research supervision
- Teach a variety of undergraduate physics courses in both the Beirut and Byblos campuses.
- Coordinate courses across campuses and sections to maintain consistency when it comes to content, grading, and exam levels.
- Advise and mentor students and help them connect with academic, research, and industry opportunities.
- Establish a successful research program in physics, leading to external funding and publications in high-impact journals.
- Supervise undergraduate senior and capstone research projects.
- Contribute to program/course/curricular development and provide academic leadership to ensure the advancement and growth of the physics program.
- Contribute to program assessment and accreditation efforts.
- Participate in departmental, school, and university councils and committees.
- Participate in students’ recruitment activities.
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in Physics or closely related fields.
- A strong record of publications in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Evidence of successful teaching at the university level.
- Two years of relevant postdoctoral or industry research experience (post Ph.D.)
- Evidence of fund acquisition abilities and experience in establishing and leading research projects.
The Department of Natural Sciences is one of the seven departments of the School of Arts and Sciences at LAU. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, a B.S. in Nutrition, a B.S. in Nutrition & Dietetics Coordinated Program, and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Biological Sciences. The Department is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research and is committed to student-centeredness and serving the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. LAU is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) (https://www.neche.org/). There are currently over 8,000 (https://www.lau.edu.lb/about/facts.php) enrolled students at LAU. Further information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Standard Application requirements:
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching and research interests, an updated CV, and unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts by email to email@example.com, referring to position AS-22-1. The CV should include the names, emails, and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.