Assistant/Associate Professor, Clinical Psychology
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Social Sciences
Campus: Beirut and Byblos
Expected Start Date: Spring 2022/Fall 2022
Deadline: October 25, 2021
The Department of Social Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in Clinical Psychology. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to research, innovative teaching, academic advising and institutional and community service. The Psychology Program offers a B.A. in Psychology and will be starting an Msc in Clinical Psychology in the near future.
- Teach clinical and general psychology courses at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Conduct high quality research and publish in Scopus ranked journals
- Supervise senior projects and clinical practicum
- Advise and mentor students
- Contribute to the development of the program
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A doctorate in Psychology and an MA in Clinical Psychology from a well-recognized University
- At least three years full-time clinical experience or equivalent
- Evidence of commitment to the Scientist-Practitioner model of Clinical Psychology
- Evidence of strong scholarship and research
- Experience in successful teaching in Clinical Psychology
- Evidence of an established research agenda
- A doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from a well-recognized University
- Evidence of successful innovative university teaching
- Advanced knowledge in research methods and experience in working with culturally diverse populations.
- Evidence of success in securing external funding for research
The Department of Social and Education Sciences is an interdisciplinary department with faculty committed to high-quality undergraduate and graduate instruction across the social sciences. Our department offers four undergraduate programs in political science, political science/international affairs, psychology, and education; 4 graduate programs in International Affairs, Interdisciplinary Gender Studies, Education and Migration studies; and five minors in conflict analysis and resolution, legal studies, political science/international affairs, psychology, and sociology. We offer as well 2 diplomas: Teaching Diploma and Diploma in Learning Disability and Giftedness.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching, research interests, as well as professional and creative projects, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should include the names, e-mails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no. AS-22-9, in the subject line of the email.