Assistant Professor in Comparative Middle Eastern and Western History
Expected Start Date: Spring 2022
Deadline: Until the position is filled
The Department of Humanities at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Comparative Middle Eastern and Western History. The department is seeking a qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, academic advising and institutional and community service. Priority will be given to applicants who have experience in digital historiography and / or gender history.
- Teach history courses in Middle Eastern and Western history at the undergraduate level
- Supervise senior study projects
- Advise and mentor students
- Contribute to the development of the Program
- Conduct research
- Engage in service to the department, the school and the university
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A PhD in History from a well-recognized University
- Evidence of scholarship and research
- Evidence of an established research agenda
The Department of Humanities consists of 9 full-time faculty members and a number of part-time faculty. The Department of Humanities are dedicated to excellence in teaching and the faculty is engaged in research and service to the institution and the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching, research interests, as well as professional and creative projects, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: email@example.com . The CV should include the names, e-mails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no.AS-21-13, in the subject line of the email