Part-Time Faculty Position, History
This position is no longer open.
School of Arts and Sciences
Vacancy date: Fall 2020
Expected Start Date: Fall 2020
Deadline for Applying: April 15, 2020
The Department of Humanities at the Lebanese American University invites applications to a part-time faculty position in the area of History. The Department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated part-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching skills.
- Teach undergraduate courses in History with special emphasis on the history of Lebanon and the Middle East
- Priority will be given to instructors who are able to teach Cultural Studies in addition to History
- An earned M.A. or Ph.D. in History from an internationally recognized university
- Evidence of successful university teaching for at least two years
- Demonstration of effective teaching methods and delivery
The Department of Humanities consists of 12 full-time faculty members and a number of part-time faculty. The Department of Humanities are dedicated to excellence in teaching and the faculty is engaged in research and service to the institution and the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. The University is recognized for excellence in teaching and commitment to research and student-centeredness. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of intent including a statement of teaching, a completed application form (available at http://www.lau.edu.lb/employment/docs/standard-application-due-diligence-PT.pdf), and an updated CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should include the names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers (if available) of three references.