CO-ORDINATOR FOR MEPI-TL GENDER ACTIVITIES
The Lebanese American University is seeking to appoint a Gender Coordinator to oversee the range of gender academic activities that are administered under the Tomorrow’s Leaders program. The successful candidate will work closely with the appointed MEPI Gender Expert to ensure that the programs’ objectives are met and that the various projects are completed in compliance with MEPI’s guidelines, in addition to teaching Gender courses offered at LAU.
This is an important Faculty position that will consolidate all the work that is currently being undertaken on the TLU, TLG, TLS and TLP programs.
Please apply by submitting a current CV and a brief expression of interest statement to Dean.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “MEPI Gender Coordinator Vacancy”.
Deadline: Wednesday 9 September at 12:00 noon
Interviews: Monday 14 September 2020
- University degree in a related field
- Master’s degree in social science or public policy
- Gender Studies research and teaching profile will be an asset
- Relevant experience of working in gender with national/international NGOs and public sector institutions, or in academic institutions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a complex and rapidly changing environment; excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, particularly with regard to presentations and preparation of publications, and report writing
- Excellent computer skills, including competence in word processing and internet/e-mail
- Proven experience with relationship building/stakeholder relationship management/team building skills
- Possesses high standard of professionalism and ethics; analytical thinking skills; ability to manage multiple tasks easily
- Experience with USAID and other donors desirable
The Coordinator will work closely with the MEPI Gender Expert to devise plans for
- Developing the academic offer in gender-related activities;
- Teaching at least 1 course per semester;
- Working with the TLU Academic Director to support gender advocacy and advance gender knowledge throughout the program’s offerings;
- Working with the TLG Academic Director and TLG students to encourage them to enroll in at least 1 Gender graduate elective course throughout their degree program;
- Working with the TLS Academic Director to ensure that the TLS Gender objectives are met with regard to the acquisition of in-depth gender knowledge and a change of attitude around gender;
- Proposing adaptive tools to integrate gender knowledge into the TLP pilot project;
- Working with the TL Executive Director and AiW to design a yearly plan of Gender based activities to offer to the different TL students in the different programs;
- Maintaining standards of teaching and learning;
- Mentoring TL students in the area of gender knowledge, when needed
- Ensuring that all faculty teaching on the program are trained in Gender studies research;
- Disseminating the scholarly contribution of students and faculty, and
- Enhancing recruitment of qualified students.
The Lebanese American University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from members of our society who disproportionally underrepresented in higher education institutions.