Clinical Instructor Full Time Position
Campus: Byblos/LAU Medical Center/LAU Saint John Hospital
Expected start date: Fall or Spring 2021
Deadline for applying: July 5th, 2021.
The Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to a non-tenure track faculty position (Full-time Clinical Instructor). Candidates must have a Masters’ degree in nursing, preferable adult care or critical care specialty, with a substantial number of years of teaching and professional experience. Candidates must demonstrate their willingness to support the school’s educational mission, vision, values and goals. They must also have the following attributes: mastery of spoken and written English, professional attitude, eﬀective communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility, collegiality and cooperative abilities.
- Teach mainly clinical courses with possible didactic courses based on program needs
- Supervise the care provided by nursing students throughout the clinical rotation in hospital and community settings
- Participate in teaching innovations to enhance student learning and instructional effectiveness, e.g. help in developing and revising courses as needed, introduces new instructional approaches based on the needs of the students
- Update course content and contributes to curriculum development and revision in area of specialization
- Evaluate students’ progress in assigned courses, and uses assessment of student learning to positively influence teaching effectiveness
- Maintain currency in own nursing specialization through continuing education and other activities
- Advise and mentor Nursing students
- Engage in service to the university and the School, particularly related to program review and program accreditation requirements
- Uses state-of-the art instructional technology to support teaching
The Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing is one of the premier university in the region that prepares healthcare professionals for careers demarcated by excellence in practice, community service and lifelong professional development. Our core values include teaching, community engagement and research. Quality has been a hallmark of the Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing’s development and the recently acquired accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) is a testament of this fact. We adopted a curriculum that supports evidence based practice through interprofessional education and practice and that is strongly committed to improve the health of the people of Lebanon and the region. With the talented faculty and staff, our program is well-positioned to provide our students with the essential skills and hands-on training that they need to become competitive nurses in the field of healthcare.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Interested candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s teaching and patient care practice experiences; an updated CV; and the contacts of three external references including a current immediate supervisor; to Mrs. Corinne Waked Dergham (email: email@example.com). Candidates must refer to the position title of Full-Time Clinical Instructor in the subject line of the email.
All questions regarding the application should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be notiﬁed.