Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing
Campus: Byblos/LAU Medical Center/LAU Saint John Hospital
Expected start date: Fall 2022
Deadline for applying: Review of applications will begin in Spring 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
The Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to a tenure-track faculty position at the Professorial rank (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor). The School is interested in applicants who can contribute to teaching, curriculum review, School activities and produce quality research.
- Teach didactic or clinical courses based on program needs
- Develop research and publish scholarly work
- Advise and mentor Nursing students
- Engage in service to the university and the School, particularly related to program review and program accreditation requirements
- Precept nursing students at LAUMC-RH, Saint John or other hospitals
- Contribute to the school and university interprofessional education (IPE) program
- Ph.D. or other terminal degree in the Nursing ﬁeld.
- Strong theoretical and clinical background.
- Evidence of successful university‑level teaching and training.
- Evidence of scholarship and research productivity
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Collegiality and cooperative abilities
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
The Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing is one of the premier university in the region that prepares healthcare professionals for careers demarcated by excellence in practice, community service and lifelong professional development. Our core values include teaching, community engagement and research. Quality has been a hallmark of the Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing’s development and the recently acquired accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) is a testament of this fact. We adopted a curriculum that supports evidence based practice through interprofessional education and practice and that is strongly committed to improve the health of the people of Lebanon and the region. With the talented faculty and staff, our program is well-positioned to provide our students with the essential skills and hands-on training that they need to become competitive nurses in the field of healthcare.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching and research interests and an updated CV by email to: email@example.com. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position: Nursing Faculty position in the subject line of the email.