Mechanical Technician - ByblosThe Physical Plant Office / Operations and Maintenance is currently looking for a Mechanical Technician reporting to the Mechanical Team Leader. This position is based on Byblos Campus.
The Mechanical Technician is primarily responsible for operating, maintaining and installing mechanical and plumbing systems including all needed preventive maintenance.
He/she is also responsible for overseeing outsourced mechanical and plumbing works and repairing university equipment and assets.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Installs, operates, and maintains mechanical systems including but not limited to: water supply, filtration and treatment, pumps, hot water tanks, sanitary fixtures, water distribution and pressurization pumps, water treatment, water dispensers, drainage, sewage, medical gases, rain water and sewage network, waste water treatment plants, water filtration, irrigation, water fountain, firefighting, and other systems as assigned
- Installs mechanical systems and performs plumbing works and metal and welding works (gates, fences, benches …)
- Purchases needed items from the local market, transports equipment requiring repair, and follows-up on repairs as needed
- Performs preventive maintenance for mechanical systems, doors hardware, curtains, etc.
- Repairs assets with mechanical defects (including lab and cafeteria equipment)
- Fill outs reports and checks completed reports
- Maintains constant presence in accompanying and attending to outsourced mechanical and plumbing works conducted on Campus
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned, such as, but not limited to overnight shifts, holidays, and weekend duties
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BT3 degree in a relevant field, with relevant specialization (Mechanical)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the same field
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Patience, self-control and endurance
- Physically fit to perform above duties
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational background.
Closing date for accepting applications is Wednesday, February 14, 2024.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.