The Office of the Vice President of Business Development & Global Affairs (VP – BDGA) is currently looking for an Office Manager reporting to the Vice President. This position requires presence on both campuses (Beirut and Byblos).
The Office Manager is primarily responsible for organizing and coordinating administrative duties and office procedures to the VP - BDGA office, while ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness and communication.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates office operations, sets priorities, organizes, anticipates needs and exercises sound judgment, particularly with sensitive or confidential matters
- Schedules and maintains the VP’s calendar of appointments, meetings and travel, and makes necessary logistic arrangements to support these activities. Coordinates some office functions and activities with other departments
- Compiles data, solicits and researches information from a variety of sources both on and off campus, and prepares minutes and reports as requested
- Resolves, researches, assesses, and refers problems, often of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Assists in preparing and tracking the office budget, as well as record keeping
- Implements the necessary procedures to comply with LAU’s archiving system and sets up any additional information filing system in a professional manner so as to control and manage confidentiality of the office records, files and databases
- Assists the VP as directed in special assignments, responding to various correspondences, typing of memos and papers, studies and presentations
- Supervises the work of student assistants assigned to the office and monitors their contracts and timesheets, to ensure they fulfill their duties
- Assists in managing and tracking cost-sharing commitments; ensures annual fiscal management of budget and awards
- Oversees maintenance of office equipment, such as computers, copiers and printers, securing the smooth operation of all office facilities. Monitors office supplies stock, and places orders for necessary replenishments
- Prepares periodic and occasional reports as mandated by the VP
- Performs other tasks pertinent to this job as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- At least 10 years of office management experience, preferably in higher education
- Excellent communication capabilities both in Arabic and English
- Highly skilled computer software, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Oracle
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with diverse teams
Interested candidates should email their CVs with a letter of interest outlining the applicant’s relevant experience to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for accepting applications is Tuesday, January 25, 2022.
CVs should include the exact month and year while listing the candidate’s professional experience and educational history. No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.