Academic Advising: Your Personal Roadmap
Clarity about your next steps reduces stress: Our academic advisors empower you to develop a course plan consistent with your individual interests and abilities. Along with your faculty advisors, the academic advisors will provide you with all the academic support you may need. Through these services, you will:
- Get all the help to understand your degree evaluation, rules, and other academic matters to make the right academic and career decisions.
- Benefit from one-on-one advising sessions and learn about the available resources for you, such as CAPP, Portal, Banner, Starfish, etc.
- Know the steps and requirements for graduation.
- Overcome any academic difficulty by getting personalized advising meetings.
LAU students can schedule the academic advising appointments through Starfish on Portal. Through Starfish, you will:
- Connect with your faculty and the staff from various departments.
- Schedule appointments online wit your academic advisor or faculty advisor.
- Receive a notification if you are academically at risk.
- Save meetings notes in your records for future reference.
The academic advisors also support students who need to overcome any academic challenges through the Academic Success Center.
Academic Success Center
Free of charge academic tutoring services are available if you need assistance or you are facing difficulties in certain courses. There is no limit to the sessions you can attend. Tutors are academically excelling students from various majors and they are appointed by their respective departments.
Objectives of the Tutoring Services
- Provide tutoring services for students who are academically challenged to effectively improve their performance.
- Assist students to better understand challenging topics or course material.
- Give student tutors the opportunity to reinforce their knowledge and improve their teaching and communication skills by sharing what they have learned.
If you are a current student, please check the sessions offered on Portal.