Academic Advising: Your Personal Roadmap
Clarity about your next steps reduces stress: Our academic advisors empower you to develop a course plan consistent with your individual interests and abilities. Through these services, you will:
- Get all the help to understand your degree evaluation, rules, and other academic matters to make the right academic and career decisions.
- Benefit from one-on-one advising sessions and learn about the available resources for you, such as CAPP, Portal, Banner, Starfish, etc.
- Know the steps and requirements for graduation.
- Be provided with personalized advising if you have academic difficulties.
They also support students who need to overcome any academic challenges through the Academic Success Center.
Academic Success Center
Free of charge academic tutoring services are available for you to help you if you are facing difficulties in certain courses. There is no limit to the sessions you can attend. Tutors are academically excelling students from various majors and they are appointed by their respective departments. Tutors will answer any questions you may have regarding the course material. They will clarify course content and enable you to study on your own. They will review your work and provide feedback.
During Fall 2018, the Centers in Beirut and Byblos assisted 1,000 students from different Schools through the tutoring sessions.
Types of Tutoring and Learning Outcomes:
- Online group tutoring: Tutoring sessions are provided to a group of students
- Tutors engage you in an interactive learning experience
- These sessions are catered to the general need of the entire group
- Online tutoring by appointment: Students book an appointment with tutors to get assistance with course material
If you are a current student, please check the sessions offered on the Portal.