Applying for an Additional Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma
- The Teaching Diploma or Diploma in Learning Disabilities and Giftedness are granted upon completion of 21 required credits beyond a bachelor’s degree.
- An LAU student with a bachelor’s degree may work for another bachelor’s degree provided s/he completes a minimum of 30 additional credits including all the requirements for the new degree.
- A graduate from outside LAU may attain another bachelor’s degree provided s/he completes all the requirements of the new major, enrolls at LAU for at least two regular semesters, and takes at least 30 credits at LAU.
- You are considered a “special” student if you hold a BS or BA from another university and want to take courses at LAU without working for a degree.
Check the deadlines
|Admission for spring 2021||December 18, 2020|
|Regular Admission for fall 2021||January 31, 2021|
|Late admission for fall 2021||July 15, 2021|
|Financial aid application for spring 2021||November 18, 2020 - January 8, 2021|
|Financial aid application for fall 2021||December 7, 2020 - May 31, 2021|
|Merit Scholarship||January 31, 2021|
|Athletic Scholarship||April 15, 2021|
Prepare required documents and pass entrance exams
All applicants must submit:
- A recent passport-size photo.
- A clear photocopy of your identity card or passport. (should be the same as the nationality to be used in the registration process at LAU).
- A clear photocopy of your Family Civil Status record (For Lebanese and Arab nationals)
- A copy of your bachelor degree.
- Official updated university transcripts from all universities you attended, along with course descriptions of all completed courses.. Request your university to send us an official online copy of your transcript. If this option is not available at your university, upload a copy of your transcript in a one file document and request your university to mail your Official transcript to our mailing address.
- Certified copy of your official diploma, (Lebanese Baccalaureate, French, International Baccalaureate Diploma, High School Diploma, and G.C.E.s etc.) and the official Lebanese Equivalence obtained from the Ministry of Education in Lebanon
- Applicants coming from a university which is not recognized by LAU*, must secure the equivalency of the bachelor degree from the Ministry of Higher Education in Lebanon prior to admission.
- Applicants coming from a university from which LAU requires an English Exam* must sit for one of the English proficiency exams mentioned below:
- If you are a U.S citizen or U.S. Green Card holder you must submit along with the application the W-9S form that can be downloaded from the IRS website, with proof of your social security number. With this information, LAU is able to provide U.S. students (or parents of dependent students) with Form 1098-T that is used for American tax purposes.
* Please contact the Admissions Office for this information.
Submit a complete application
- Online application with a non-refundable fee of $65 or LL100,000 paid online by a credit or a debit card (Visa or Mastercard only).
- Paper application with a non-refundable fee of $85 or LL129,000 paid in cash at the LAU cashier’s as per the schedule below:
Winter (September–May) 8:30 AM – 12 noon
1:00 – 3:30 PM
Summer (June–August) 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- Only completed applications will be reviewed.
- Fulfillment of the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Admission is valid for one semester only.
- Transfer of applications from one campus to another or change of major are possible if the requests are made within the set deadlines.
- The Admissions Office reserves the right to verify and request original documents of all copies submitted.