Applying for an Additional Bachelor’s Degree or Teaching Diploma
- The Teaching Diploma is granted upon completion of 21 required credits beyond a B.S. or a B.A. degree.
- An LAU student with a bachelor’s degree may work for another bachelor’s degree provided s/he completes a minimum of 30 additional credits including all the requirements for the new degree.
- A graduate from outside LAU may attain another bachelor’s degree provided s/he completes all the requirements of the new major, enrolls at LAU for at least two regular semesters, and takes at least 30 credits at LAU.
- You are considered a “special” student if you hold a BS or BA from another university and want to take courses at LAU without working for a degree.
Check the deadlines
|Admission for fall 2019 (late)||July 15, 2019|
|Financial aid (new students) for fall 2019||April 15, 2019|
|U.S. Federal Loans for 2018–2019||June 30, 2019|
Prepare required documents and pass entrance exams
All applicants must submit:
- A recent passport-size photo.
- A clear photocopy of your identity card or passport. (should be the same as the nationality to be used in the registration process at LAU).
- A copy of your BA/BS degree.
- Official updated university transcripts from all universities you attended, along with academic catalogs.
- Applicants coming from a university which is not recognized by LAU*, must secure the equivalency of the BA/BS degree from the Ministry of Higher Education in Lebanon prior to admission.
- Applicants coming from a university from which LAU requires an English Exam* must sit for one of the English proficiency exams mentioned below:
* Please contact the Admissions Office for this information.
Submit a complete application
- Online application with a non-refundable fee of $65 (LL 100,000) paid online by credit card.
- Paper application for fall 2019 with a non-refundable fee of $85 (LL 128,000) paid in cash at the LAU cashier’s as per the schedule below:
Winter (September–May) 8:30 AM – 12 noon
1:00 – 3:30 PM
Summer (June–August) 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- All required documents must be mailed to the Admissions Office on the campus of your choice by the required deadlines and will become the property of LAU.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed.
- Fulfillment of the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Admission is valid for one semester only.
- Transfer of applications from one campus to another or change of major are possible if the requests are made within the set deadlines.
- If you are a U.S citizen or U.S. Green Card holder you must submit along with the application the W-9S form that can be downloaded from the IRS website, with proof of your social security number. With this information, LAU is able to provide U.S. students (or parents of dependent students) with Form 1098-T that is used for American tax purposes.