English Entrance Exam
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
LAU administers IELTS exams on its campuses. The next IELTS exam will be held on the Byblos campus on March 16.
For more information click here IELTS examination.
IELTS is a globally recognized English language proficiency test, which assesses the language ability of candidates who need to study or work where English is the language of communication. It is widely accepted by academic institutions, employers, and immigration authorities across the world. The test assesses all four-language skills - listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
LAU administers the English Entrance Exam (EEE), which measures your level of proficiency in English. It is one of the tests LAU accepts when assessing candidates for admission.
EEE Schedule and Preparation - FALL 2024 Applicants
Sessions have a limited capacity and may fill up before the deadline
EEE schedule will be updated on a regular basis. All upcoming new sessions will be announced on our website. Please keep checking the schedule section for future updates.
Download the EEE Test Preparation Guide ( AY 23-24).docx/ LAU EEE Sample.docx to help you prepare for the exam. Please contact the Academy of Continuing Education at LAU if you wish to take English courses to prepare for the test https://ace.lau.edu.lb/
After you’ve applied to LAU, you can register for the EEE using your LAU Portal username and password.
To be able to register online, you need to:
- Attach a soft copy of your recent passport-size photo.
- Upload a copy of your valid identity card (هوية) , Personal Civil Status Record, or passport.
- Pay online using a credit or a debit card (Visa or MasterCard only) in US Dollars Only (for the amount of US$40)
Please note the following:
- You may register and sit for the exam on either the Beirut or the Byblos campus. Please choose the campus most convenient for you.
- Testing sessions can accommodate limited number of seats.
- If you want to re-take the EEE, you must wait at least one month between tests.
- Registration should be done before the deadline.
- Please view The Minimum Required Score
Reschedule/ Cancellation/ Program Acceptance Requirement Policy
Rescheduling: In case you have a valid excuse and you need to reschedule at the last minute, email us and we will study your case.
Cancellation: If you failed to attend without notification, your test will be canceled with no refund.
Program Acceptance Requirement: A refund will be issued in case a registered student is not required to take the exam.
Testing Policies & Procedures
We require exam takers to follow these policies and procedures.
What to bring on exam day
- You must bring with you the registration payment confirmation (email) and your original identity card (هوية), personal civil Status Record, or passport. If you fail to present an ID, you will NOT be allowed to take the test.
- You need to know your LAU username and password.
- You must arrive to the testing area at least 30 minutes before your exam.
- Latecomers will not be permitted to take the test.
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices must be turned off and placed in your bags.
- Use of cellphones or other electronic devices will result in immediate termination of the exam.
- Personal items and bags will be placed at the front or outside of the testing room in a secured place. This includes hats, clothing with attached hoods, outwear of any type (jackets, coats, pullovers, sweaters, etc.)
- Pens and pencils will be provided. Nothing other than your admission ticket and the original identity card/passport is expected to be on your desk.
- You may raise your hand to ask the proctor a question and they will approach you; however, proctors are not allowed to clarify any test material or help answer test questions in any way.
- You must leave scratch paper and the pencil on your desk before leaving the test room. All test materials remain the property of the university.
- You must not cheat or behave improperly.
- You must not communicate with other test takers during the test.
- We reserve the right to investigate any suspicious behavior. Your test may be stopped by the supervisor and your test score will be pending the results of the investigation.
Please note the following:
- Parents are not allowed to enter the campus.
- Bring only essential items such as your ID and a water bottle.
- Clean your hands with sanitizing solution upon arrival to the entrance gate.
- Leave immediately after completing the test.
- Respect the instructions displayed on campus or provided by LAU personnel.
- Inform the Testing Services office about any underlying health condition or any immunosuppressive status to accommodate the seat accordingly.
In case you are feeling sick and need to reschedule your exam, kindly email us
Kindly note that test results MAY NOT be given over the phone or by email. You can find them on the Portal.
To obtain an Official Score Attestation Letter you need to:
- Complete a Score Attestation Request Form
- During the confinement, you will receive an e-form by email. Once LAU is open, you can collect the Score Attestation Letter in-person by visiting the Testing Services and presenting your ID.
EEE Frequently Asked Questions
Who must take the EEE exam?
English is the official language of instruction at LAU and newly admitted applicants can demonstrate their proficiency in the language by getting the minimum required score on the EEE test.
What is on the EEE test?
The English Entrance Examination focuses on assessing the student’s ability in grammar, writing, vocabulary and reading comprehension skills.
How can I study/prepare for the test?
Please contact the Academy of Continuing Education at LAU if you wish to take English courses to prepare for the test https://ace.lau.edu.lb/
How long will the test take?
The EEE session lasts 2 hours. The testing period is 1hour and 40 minutes. We allow 20 minutes for administration.
Where can I view my EEE test scores?
You can view your EEE results on the Portal.
What do I need to bring with me on placement testing day?
You need to bring the registration payment confirmation (email) and your original valid identity card (هوية), personal civil status record, or passport .We will provide all other testing materials (pen, pencil and scratch paper). Students who do not present a photo ID will not be allowed to test.
What not to bring to the Exam room?
Don’t bring any electronic equipment or communication devices to the exam room (phones, smartwatches or wearable technology of any kind, portable listening or recording devices…). Only a water bottle is allowed. Food and beverage are not permitted.
Can I take the EEE test more than once?
Yes, you can retake the test. However, you must wait at least one month before taking the test again.