Scholarships and Financial Support for Graduate Students
For fall 2020, LAU offered distinguished students a unique scholarship opportunity, covering 100% of tuition fees, to pursue a master’s degree in the following fields:
- Applied & Computational Mathematics (MS)
- Applied Economics (MA)
- Civil & Environmental Engineering (MS)
- Computer Engineering (MS)
- Computer Science (MS)
- Human Resources Management (MS)
- Industrial Engineering & Engineering Management (MS)
- Interdisciplinary Gender Studies (MA)
- International Affairs (MA)
- Islamic Art (MA)
- Mechanical Engineering (MS)
- Migration Studies (MA)
- Pharmaceutical Development & Management (MS)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.50/4.00 – or equivalent.
- Be committed to pursue a publishable Thesis or Project.
- Be committed to complete the program within two academic years.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.50/4.00 until graduation.
- Submit proof of English proficiency if your undergraduate degree is not from an English-based institution:
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT), with a minimum score of 90. The code for LAU is 2595. The institutional TOEFL is not accepted.
- Academic IELTS with a minimum score of 7.
- English Entrance Exam (EEE) offered by LAU.
NB: Meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission under the Graduate Program Scholarship.
Students who are already enrolled in a master’s program are not eligible to apply to the Graduate Program Scholarship.
For more information, please contact the Graduate Studies & Research Office
Graduate Assistantships, Merit Scholarships, Grants and Loans
Graduate assistantships cover a portion of tuition in exchange for academic work. They are granted based on academic performance. Students apply for assistantships at their respective schools. Please see Academic Rules and Procedures for more details and check the webpage of the program or school you are applying to for application instructions and deadlines.
- School of Arts & Sciences: Graduate Assistantship Application
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Development and Management: Graduate Assistantship Application (Deadline passed)
- For other majors, please contact the respective school
Merit scholarships are granted to the top applicants of each entering class, based on a specific academic criterion. Tuition coverage ranges from 25% to 100%. The availability and application of merit scholarships is part of the admission application process at the Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine.
Grants cover a part of tuition, and are assigned based on financial need.
Educational Bank loans, in accordance with agreements with certain banks, allow students to benefit from interest-free loans during their years at LAU. The interest is borne by the university until the student’s exit date, after which it is paid by the student.
Financial aid for the academic year 20-21
|Graduate Program Scholarship (covering 100% of tuition for certain majors)||Deadline passed|
|Admission application for MS in Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Engineering & Engineering Management exceptionally for fall 2020||August 31|
|Admission application||July 15|
|Graduate assistantship – all other programs||Contact your school for information|
Lebanese Armed Services
LAU and the Lebanese Armed Services have partnered to offer officers, members and retirees of the Lebanese Armed Services, in addition to their spouses and children, access to LAU’s graduate programs for 50 percent of the cost per credit. View the application.
Summary of the Available Options for Graduate Students
|Architecture & Design||Arts & Sciences||Business||Engineering||Medicine||Pharmacy|
|✓||✓ Specific programs||✓ Specific program||✓ Specific programs||✓ MS|
*only for U.S. citizens