Scholarships and Financial Support for Graduate Students
Graduate students are entitled to different forms of support and scholarships based on their financial need and academic performance such as graduate assistantships, merit scholarships, grants, and loans. Below is a summary of the available options:
U.S. Federal Aid
(for U.S. citizens)
Graduate assistantships cover a portion of tuition in exchange for academic work. They are granted based on academic performance. Students apply for assistantships at their respective schools. Please see Academic Rules and Procedures for more details and check the webpage of the program or school you are applying to for application instructions and deadlines.
- School of Arts & Sciences: Graduate Assistantship Application
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Development and Management: Graduate Assistantship Application
- For other majors, please contact the respective school
Medical School Scholarships
Merit scholarships for the School of Medicine are awarded to the top applicants of each entering class based on a specific academic criterion. Tuition coverage ranges from 75% to 100%.
Grants and Loans
Grants cover a part of tuition, and are awarded based on financial need.
- LAU loans: the University maintains a revolving loan fund as part of the total Financial Aid program. Loans are extended to students, when requested, as part of the total Financial Aid package in accordance with the loan procedure.
- Lebanese Educational Bank loans program: Agreements with certain banks allow some students to benefit from interest free loans. The interest amount will be borne by the University until the students’ exit date after which the interest will have to be covered by the students themselves.
- U.S. Direct Federal Aid are fixed-rate student loans from the US Department of Education for graduate students attending university at least half-time. Unsubsidized, and PLUS loans can be granted to students from the United States of America who choose to study at LAU.
The Graduate Program Scholarship offers distinguished students a unique opportunity to pursue a master’s degree as of fall 2021, in one of the following fields:
- MA in Applied Economics
- MS in Human Resources Management
- MA in Interdisciplinary Gender Studies
- MA in International Affairs
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Computer Engineering
- MS in Civil & Environmental Engineering
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- MA in Islamic Art
Accepted applicants will have their tuition fees fully waived for the duration of the program.
To be eligible, in addition to any program-specific requirements, you must:
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.50/4.00 – or equivalent.
- Be admitted to the program without remedial courses.
- Submit proof of English proficiency if your undergraduate degree is not from an English-based institution:
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT), with a minimum score of 90. The code for LAU is 2595. The institutional TOEFL is not accepted.
- Academic IELTS with a minimum score of 7.
- The English Entrance Exam administered at LAU with a minimum score of 123.
If admitted, you must respect the following conditions:
- Be committed to pursue a publishable thesis or project.
- Be committed to complete the program within two academic years.
- Maintain a CGPA of 3.50/4.00 until graduation.
- Be committed to not holding any type of job for the duration of your studies including part-time jobs (e.g. teaching or administrative assistantship). Exceptions will be made if you do work that falls under research and/or research assistantship related to your field of study.
NB: Meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission under this scholarship.
To apply, you will need to complete the online application and pay an application fee in order to submit it.
- You must adhere to the scholarship’s eligibility requirements and conditions explained on the online application.
- The application deadline is May 31, 2021
If your scholarship application is turned down but you still wish to be considered for admission to the master’s program, you may switch to a regular application by contacting the Admissions Office by email. You will not be required to reapply or pay the application fee again.
- If you have any questions related to the application procedure, please contact the Admissions Office
- If you have any questions related to the scholarship, please contact the Graduate Studies & Research Office
|Graduate assistantship – all other programs||Contact your school for information|
|Admission for summer 2021||May 14, 2021|
|Admission for fall 2021||June 30, 2021|
|Admission to the engineering programs (Civil & Environmental, Computer, Mechanical, and Industrial Engineering & Engineering Management)||
Priority deadline: April 15, 2021
Regular deadline: June 15, 2021
|Admission to the EMBA program||Now open|
|Admission and financial aid for Medicine for academic year 2021-2022||Passed|
|Admission and financial aid for Pharm D for academic year 2021-2022||Passed|
|MEPI Tomorrow's Leaders Graduate (TLG) Program||Passed|
|Graduate Program Scholarship (full scholarship for certain graduate majors)||May 31, 2021|