Scholarships and Financial Support for Graduate Students
Graduate students are entitled to different forms of support and scholarships based on their financial need and academic performance such as graduate assistantships, merit scholarships, grants, and loans. Below is a summary of the available options:
U.S. Federal Aid
(for U.S. citizens)
Graduate assistantships cover a portion of tuition in exchange for academic work. They are granted based on academic performance. Students apply for assistantships at their respective schools. Please see Academic Rules and Procedures for more details and check the webpage of the program or school you are applying to for application instructions and deadlines.
- School of Arts & Sciences: Graduate Assistantship Application
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Development and Management: Graduate Assistantship Application
- For other majors, please contact the respective school
Merit scholarships for the School of Medicine are awarded to the top applicants of each entering class based on a specific academic criterion. Tuition coverage ranges from 75% to 100%.
Grants cover a part of tuition, and are awarded based on financial need.
- LAU loans: the University maintains a revolving loan fund as part of the total Financial Aid program. Loans are extended to students, when requested, as part of the total Financial Aid package in accordance with the loan procedure.
- Lebanese Educational Bank loans program: Agreements with certain banks allow some students to benefit from interest free loans. The interest amount will be borne by the University until the students’ exit date after which the interest will have to be covered by the students themselves.
- U.S. Direct Federal Aid are fixed-rate student loans from the US Department of Education for graduate students attending university at least half-time. Unsubsidized, and PLUS loans can be granted to students from the United States of America who choose to study at LAU.
|Graduate assistantship – all other programs||Contact your school for information|
|Admission for summer 2021||May 14, 2021|
Admission for fall 2021
Applicants for Pharm. D. and MS in Nutrition can only join in the fall
|June 30, 2021|
|Admission to the engineering programs (Civil & Environmental, Computer, Mechanical, and Industrial Engineering & Engineering Management)||
Priority deadline: April 15, 2021
Regular deadline: June 15, 2021
|Admission to the EMBA program||Now open|
|Admission for Medicine for academic year 2021-2022||Regular: March 31, 2021|
|Financial aid for Medicine for academic year 2021-2022||
Regular: March 31, 2021
|Admission for Pharm D for academic year 2021-2022||Passed|
|Financial aid for Pharm D for academic year 2021-2022||Passed|
|MEPI Tomorrow's Leaders Graduate (TLG) Program||March 2, 2021|